SAFHY staff visited the Practical Nurse Event on September the 8th, 2017 to present the results of the project. The participants in this event were mainly practical nurses, nurse students and VET teachers. The event is organized every year by the SuPer Union.
Many teachers and students visited our stand during the day. Discussions about digital learning took place, and people also told us about their needs concerning digital learning material. Many people stayed a while and watched SAFHY videos. Students were excited about the material, and after visiting our stand, they searched for their teachers to ask them to visit our stand too. It made us really happy.
The videos seem to interest people the most. There are various possibilities, how to use videos in teaching. For example:
- to raise students’ interest towards the topic
- to demonstrate the work before practicing
- to analyze professionals’ work
- to learn separate work steps
- to deepen the knowledge after learning the theory
- as a bridge between two separate issues, and when moving forward
- if a student has reading difficulties
- if a student has comprehension difficulties
- if a student has concentration difficulties
In a way, videos make learning easier and, without no doubts, more interesting. You can see situations from the real working life, and once you later face them in practice, they look familiar to you. It is easier to adapt different situations, when you have been there before or seen it.
Text, photos, videos, professional vocabulary and the learning tests form a learning package for different kinds of learners.